Time: 35 mins
- ½ cup (125 ml) gluten-free cake flour*
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) unrefined salt
- 2 jumbo organic or free range eggs
- ¼ cup (60 ml) xylitol + 20 ml extra
- ¾ cup (180 ml) coconut milk (additive and preservative-free)
- 3 ml vanilla extract
- 250 g fresh strawberries, hulled and halved, or stoned cherries (preferably organic)
- Preheat oven to 220°C and place rack in the centre.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, ¼ cup (60 ml) xylitol, coconut milk and vanilla extract together in another bowl.
- Add flour and continue to whisk until batter is completely smooth.
- Mix the extra xylitol and berries together and spoon into a greased 23cm ovenproof dish.
- Pour batter over berries and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and puffed up around the edges. Serve warm.
- *If you can’t find gluten-free cake flour, use a mix of 1 part potato flour and 1 part cornflour
- If you don’t have coconut milk you may substitute with organic milk (not dairy-free)
- If you can’t find organic fruit, use a fruit and vegetable wash to remove any pesticide residues
- Use frozen berries when fresh are out of season