We respect the privacy of every individual who visits and/or used our site. This Privacy statement outlines the information we will collect and how we will use that information. This Statement will also instruct you on what to do if you do not want your personal information collected or shared when you visit our sites or respond to our advertisements. We however do not subscribe to Section 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act but rely on these terms and conditions.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We will not collect any personally identifiable information about youor your company (that is, your name, business name, telephone number, or email address) unless you provide it to us voluntarily. Personally identifiable information generally refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to youor your company, for example, your name, company name and any further information about you. Personally identifiable information is further defined in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002.
If you do not want your personally identifiable information collected, please do no submit it to us. If you have already submitted this information and would like us to remove it from our records, please contact us. We will use reasonable efforts to delete your information form our existing files.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Personally identifiable information may be gathered as follows:
- Information you give us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of these features – for example our comments forum, our monthly newsletter sign up via MailChimp, our recipe submission forum and joining our directory.
- Automatic information: We receive and store certain types of information (including but not limited to “cookies”) whenever you interact with us.
- E-mail communications: to make e-mails more useful and interesting, we receive a confirmation when you open e-mails from us, if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mails or other mail from us, or if you want to unsubscribe, please contact us to unsubscribe.
WHAT WE DO WITH PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
When you do provide us with personally identifiable information, we may use that information in the following ways, unless stated otherwise:
- We may store and process that information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services;
- We may use that information to contact you; and
- We may provide that information to third parties, to the extent we are legally obliged to in terms of the Act.
We have no intention of collecting any personally identifiable information (including but not limited to name, address, telephone number or email address) from individuals under thirteen years of age. Where appropriate, we may specifically instruct children not to submit such information on our sites or advertisements. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child should contact us if they would like this information deleted from our records. We will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from out existing files.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We value the information that your choose to provide us with and will therefore take reasonable steps to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration. The information we maintain concerning our customers is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.However,we do use MailChimp to maintain our newsletter database. This site is not governed by our terms and conditions and its content is beyond our control. Please see http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/, which governs content on that site.
CORRECTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
If you ever want us to update or correct any or your personally identifiable information held by us, kindly contact us.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION HELD BY OR DISCLOSED BY YOU TO A THIRD PARTY
Because we are not responsible for any representations or information or warranties or content on any website of an affiliate party (including websites linked to this website or websites facilitated by us), we do not exercise control over affiliate parties’ privacy policies and you should refer to the privacy statement of any such affiliate party to see how such party protects your privacy.
We may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time and you agree to view the current version of this Privacy Statement whenever you visit this website. The current version of this Privacy Statement will become binding on you whenever you visit this website.
This Privacy Statement will be governed by laws of South Africa. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts for disputes which may arise between us related to your use of this site.